California, U.S.A., November 2016 – Ethernet Direct Corporation, a professional and primary provider of industrial networking and communication solutions announces an Industrial Power over Ethernet switch designed with technology’s latest high power for special applications in the security & surveillance industries.
The enhancement of the IEEE 802.3at PoE+ is to increase the amount of power that can be supplied from PSE to the PD via the Cat-5, Cat-5e, Cat-6 unshielded twisted pair wiring. In order to provide high power solution, Ethernet Direct releases CUE-500E-HP. The new specification attempts to bring the power supplied up to at least 25 to 30 watts per port. With the new IEEE 802.3at standard, there will have more powered devices PD available for PoE applications such as Security IP Camera with pan/tilt/zoom capabilities, door controllers, POS terminals, videophones and dual-band wireless access points….etc.
The Cobra Series CUE-500E-HP is an Industrial 5-port High Power Unmanaged Power over Ethernet Switch. It supports four PoE injector ports classified as power source equipment (PSE). CUE-500E-HP provides 25 watts of power per port and can be used to power IEEE802.3af and IEEE802.3at compliant powered devices (PD) by CAT5 cables and eliminates the need for additional power wiring. The compact switch is equipped with a relay output for an event alarm. It offers 48VDC redundant power inputs design and is secured with power polarity reverse protection and overload protection. The IP-30 housing protection, extended operating temperature of -40 to 80°C, and DIN-Rail mounting make CUE-500E-HP suitable for an industrial environment. The CUE-500EHP is a plug-and-play solution for your Power over Ethernet applications.
- Provides 5 x 10/100Base-T(X) Ethernet ports with RJ-45 connector
- Embedded 4 PoE injectors and classified as PSE
- Supplies 25 watts of power per PoE port
- Reliable power design equipped with redundant power inputs
- Supports 48VDC redundant power with power reverse polarity
- Supports overload current protection
- 3000VDC EFT protection for power line
- 6000VDC Ethernet ESD protection
- Alarm relay design for power failure detection
- Robust industrial design and supporting extended operating temperature -40 to 80°C
Please refer to the Products section to learn more about the reliable Industrial PoE switches.