California, U.S.A., January 2020 – Ethernet Direct Corporation, a professional and primary provider of industrial networking and communication solutions shares smart production solutions to enable the smart factory.
Utilities communication and Substation automation networks requires certified IEC 61850-3 and IEEE 1613 industrial substation network switches for safety, security, performance and investment proof protection of control solutions and systems. Ethernet Direct is among one of the few vendors providing certified IEC 61850-3 devices with field-proven functionality and hardware and best-in-class solutions to protect your wired communication networks suitable for bay level, station level and communication level.
The Process level requires time critical devices supporting time synchronization. The Ethernet Direct HMG DIN Rail series Layer 2 Plus switches would be a great fit.
The Bay level connects to the lower Process level and upper Station level. The Ethernet Direct EMG Layer 2 Plus Rack mount series is usually deployed.
The Station level is the network backbone with core switches in the control center. The Ethernet Direct EMG Layer 3 Rack mount series is ideal with the EMG & HMG series.
Ethernet Direct has been a trusted choice for Engineering Procurement Construction Integrators in the Power and Utilities sectors. Our portfolio ranges from 11-ports DIN Rail switches to 28-ports rack mount Ethernet switches. All products are engineered using “Made in the USA” chipset and components. We guarantee specifications by providing true robust devices built to last for mission critical applications. Ethernet Direct offers ultra-fast self-healing redundancy with less than 10 milliseconds network recovery time based on 250 units connected devices. Advanced software technologies such as IEEE 1588 PTP v2, ITU-T G.8032 / ERPS, cyber security features such as RADIUS, TACACS+, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL, SSH v2, IEEE 802.3z Energy Efficient Ethernet, LLDP, IPv6, VLAN Q-in-Q and more, are available without any compromise or added costs. Industrial profiles such as EtherNet IP, Modbus TCP and PROFINET (optional) are also supported.
Remarkable Features of Our Certified Substation Switches
- Transmission protocols used can run over high speed TCP/IP networks to ensure fast response time needed for protective relays
- Substation retrofit by enabling legacy devices to connect with modern network digitization
- Support IEEE 1588 hardware time stamp time synchronization
- IEC 61850 QoS by enabling critical packet synchronization
- Advanced VLAN technology to enable trunk traffic reduction and traffic filtering to improve operational performance
- Zero packet loss, Fan less design, Noiseless design
- Supports industrial automation protocols EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP & optional PROFINET
- Multi-ring connections, ultra speed network redundancy at less than 10 milliseconds @ 250 connected devices
Why Need IEC 61850 & IEEE 1613 Certified
Substation environment are subjected to higher credentials than normal industrial environments.
- Electric fields
- Magnetic fields
- Electrostatic Discharge
- Conducted High Frequency Electrical Transients
- High Energy Power Surges
- Ground Potential rise during ground faults
- Climactic variation in temperature & humidity
- Seismic / Vibration
- Pollution such as dust, metallic particles, condensation, solar radiation etc.
Ethernet Direct IEC 61850 devices ensure the highest interoperability to offer grid operators and owners with highest efficiency and increased productivity. Our future proof solution enables the modern grid digitalization.
To learn more about the Ethernet Direct Substation Automation Network solutions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org