California, U.S.A., April 2017 – Ethernet Direct Corporation, a professional and primary provider of industrial networking and communication solutions offers industrial managed switches supporting ITU-T G.8032 Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS) to provide sub-50ms protection and recovery switching for Ethernet traffic in a ring topology and ensuring that there are no loops formed at the Ethernet layer. G.8032v1 supported a single ring topology and G.8032v2 supports multiple rings.
Other G.8032 additional features:
- Multi-ring/ladder network support
- Revertive/ Non-revertive mode after the condition that is causing the switch has been cleared
- Administrative commands such as Forced Switch (FS), Manual Switch (MS) for blocking a particular ring port
- Flush FDB (Filtering database) Logic, which significantly reduces amount of flush FDB operations in the ring
- Support of multiple ERP instances on a single ring
ERPS specifies protection switching mechanisms and a protocol for Ethernet layer network rings. Ethernet Rings can provide wide-area multipoint connectivity due to their reduced number of links. The new protocol achieves highly reliable and stable protection; and never forms loops, which would fatally affect network operation and service availability.
To learn more about the Ethernet Direct Products supporting ITU-T G.8032, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org